Here is a recipe and tips to make a delicious quinoa salad, which I usually keep for 3-5 days in the fridge:
- Rinse quinoa under cold water, to remove the saponin, which can make it taste bitter.
- Use 2 cups liquid for every 1 cup of quinoa. I prefer to use chicken or vegetable broth as it gives more flavor.
- Cook on medium heat until it boils, and then reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork, just like rice, and enjoy.
- Mix in your favorite veggies. Here I used tomatoes and broccoli but also love adding chickpeas, cucumbers, celery, carrots, or peppers!
- Top with your favorite vinaigrette, the juice of a lemon for flavor, or simply drizzle olive oil on top. For this salad, I combined olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, a splash of honey, garlic, salt, pepper and fresh herbs.
If you plan to store in the fridge, cool completely before storing.
If you would like more information about being gluten-free, check out this gluten-free guide which walks you through the nitty gritty of what it means to be gluten free and it includes a sample 3 day meal! https://mailchi.mp/puresimplewellness.com/glutenfreelivingguide