written by Carol Crincoli, Pure Pilates Director
Thanksgiving is over and Pure Pilates has a gift for you. I’ve chosen 6 workouts from our OnDemand Library, featuring one class from each of our teachers. It’s 90 minutes of movement until January 2, 2022. It’s not only a gift to the community, but a thank you for the generosity and support you offered us in 2021.
I decided that each workout should be short and sweet. Our library includes classes as short as 15 to as long as 60 minutes. Your time is valuable, but I am hoping you can squeeze in short bouts of movement during the holiday rush. I’ve opted for 15-minute classes for you to enjoy.
Variety in movement is truly the spice of life. I want to feed your soul with different types of classes, styles and levels. Choose to breathe, stretch, sweat, release or all of the above. Every day is different and I believe our bodies will tell you what it needs. We just need to listen.
The shorter classes also offer an opportunity to layer a few workouts together to curate a unique 30, 45 or 60-minute workout. Here are my suggestions for what you might need to “train” for the holidays.
Is it Yoga? Is it Pilates? The 30 minute Chill Workout
Layer these 2 classes to start or end your day!
- Chair Yoga with Laura H – I just love this class and how my body feels after! The seated stretches are based on yoga poses, but if you are familiar with Pilates you will enjoy what I think feels like “Mermaid” on the Chair. A great way to stretch, all while seated in a chair.
- Yin Yoga with Rebecca – After the Chair Yoga class, I say grab a pillow (or foam roller) and hit the floor to release tension with slowly held poses.
Sore back? Stiff Neck? The 30-minute I Must Step Away from On-line Shopping Workout
Get on your feet and layer these workouts that focus on standing exercises and strengthening your back!
- Strong Legs with Katie – This workout is all about the legs, hips and butt and the resistance comes from performing all the exercises in a standing position. Focus on some balance work as well, but grab a chair for extra assistance.
- Build to Swan with Kathy – Now that you have your lower body alive and awake, focus on opening your chest and strengthening the back line of your body. Swan is a Pilates exercise that highlights the back muscles as well as the butt and back of the legs. This workout is great for anyone sitting at a computer or in front of their phone.
Got an hour? The 45-minute Total Body Workout
Hit every muscle group and then stretch!
- Head to Toe with Carol – You’ll feel every muscle in 15 minutes. First you’ll focus on your lower body in a standing position, then hit the floor to work on your abdominals and then end with pushups for the upper body.
- On All 4’s with Tiffany – You’re already down on the mat, so continue with a quadruped (hands and knees) workout that highlights all the same muscles that you just worked with Carol, but in such a different way.
- Chair Yoga with Laura – Compliment your total body muscle work with a full body stretch, all in a chair. Now that’s the icing on the workout cake!